OpenGL SC / DO-178B
OpenGL SC / DO-178B Level A certifiable graphics display drivers
ALT Software's DO-178B certifiable graphics display drivers enable avionics developers to create content-rich graphics applications and user interfaces for mission and safety-critical systems deployed in aerospace and defense environments. ALT’s drivers are certifiable up to Design Assurance Level A, the highest level of software criticality recognized by the FAA, EASA, Transport Canada and the JAA. These drivers can be used in any embedded computing system where the strictest levels of reliability are mandated by a regulatory agency, including the FDA Class III standard for life-critical devices.
ALT’s modular driver architecture allows us to customize the driver as required and generate additional certification artifacts as needed on a component-by-component basis. This significantly reduces the time and costs of customization and certification. ALT offers a variety of product options including the driver binary, binary plus source code, diagnostic tools, and the full set of artifacts required to certify the driver in its target environment.
ALT Software’s DO-178B Certifiable OpenGL Graphics Driver
- Operating systems supported: Green Hills INTEGRITY-178B, Wind River VxWorks 653, DDC-I Deos, other proprietary RTOS
- Supported processor architectures include x86, PowerPC, ARM, Mips
- Supported graphics controllers includes AMD ATI Radeon family of GPU's
- DO-178B Certifiable Embedded OpenGL Software Renderer option available for systems with no GPU present or where OpenGL SC is not supported in hardware
- Multiple windowing support via Khronos EGL
- Multi-partition / context support
- Support for PCI, PCIe, PMC, XMC and VPX
- Static memory manager allows optimized memory management in limited-memory systems and preserves memory integrity
- Texture management contained entirely in video memory ensures a small footprint in system memory and optimizes driver behavior
- Support for video capture and custom display modes
- Multiple display outputs supported (independent and mirrored)
- RGB Analog, DVI, LVDS, HDMI, Display Port and TV-Out support
- Display List architecture automatically supports fully or partially accelerated display lists
- Centralized configuration parameters for easy system integration
Related: DO-178B Safety Critical
For more technical specifications, download: DO-178B OpenGL Drivers Technical Datasheet.
ALT has over 18 years of experience providing software development and system integration services. Our customized device software solutions are used in industrial controls, consumer devices, medical devices, and some of the most advanced aerospace and defense systems in the world. Our expertise includes a wide range of RTOS, graphics controllers, bus architectures, and processors. In addition, our industry alliances provide us with access to the technical specifications of many of the most popular hardware and software components. This makes ALT an ideal and cost-effective choice to develop a custom solution for your particular system configuration.